Tuesday 20 October 2015

Hendrik Kerstens


Hendrik Kersten is a photographer and he is dutch and started in 1996, where he photographs his daughter in various strange objects around her neck or on her head, which is what this series is about and i have chosen them, as they stand out to me and i would even experiment and try to do some of them. They do remind me of Elizabethan hair and clothing that they wore.






This looks like a head scarf wrapped around her head loads of times and even looks like how you would put a towel around your hair, when you have just washed your hair. The bubble wrap gives it a clear, see through texture to it, even reminding me of thick long hair on top of her head.



















These remind me of paper that has been cut out to make shapes, it is very much like a Elizabethan ruff, which is why i included it on here. I like how her whole look is that way.



















All these images show objects that tell the viewer something that the model is into or the photographer himself. This reminds me of a bow that you wrap around your hair when it is styled.



I like this, as it is form that has been formed to look like hair and i think it looks slightly Elizabethan or even a wig in that era. It stands out to me, where the shape looks 3D.




















All available on: http://www.danzigergallery.com/artists/hendrik-kerstens/2



No comments:

Post a Comment