Tuesday 27 October 2015

Day Of The Dead Make Up Practical

Today i learnt how to do my own version of the Day of The Dead make up, which is a Mexican holiday, that honors the dead. It is a tradition that the celebrate on November the first and second. The make up is called sugar skulls, but it is done all over religious parts of the world, that is catholic.


An example of a Sugar skull make up that i found and liked. Because i like how it is black, but not plain looking, they have added Jewels and a shimmer to it. It is different than some of the other i have looked at, as it is not as colourful. It was on someones blog on the internet, where it was orginally from.

http://thelonepanda.com/2015/07/16/excuse-me-while-i-go-knock-myself-into-a-coma-someones-invented-clown-contouring-insert-puke-emoji-here/




 I had a go at it, and i designed my own version. It was awkward as i have never done this look before, and on someone made me nervous. But i think it turned out well, but i wish i had more time on it, to add more details, to make it stand out more. i like the eye part as it is blended well, with the black into the blue, creates a good shade under and on the lid of the eyes. I should practice on doing my precision skills, as my hand was shaking a lot, especially when doing the lips. I think blending would help it more and shading on the forehead and chin.





I added some more blue shade under the cheekbone and the black around the eye, then blended that, but when doing so, some of the white base did come off, so i need to experiment more with blending, even under the cheek bone as well.





















Product Used: Kryolan Supracolor Palette in
White
Blue
Black












No comments:

Post a Comment